- 1 lb Hot Italian ground sausage
- 2 tbls butter
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 shallot or green onions
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms
- 26 oz spaghetti sauce
- 3 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can diced italian tomatoes (drained)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 lb fusilli pasta, cooked
- 4 cups shredded mozarella cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray casserole dish with non stick cooking spray
In medium skillet melt butter, combine sausage, garlic and shallot over medium low heat; cook until sausage is browned. Add mushrooms and cook until tender, drain.
In a large bowl whisk together spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce and eggs. Stir in diced tomatoes, salt, basil, oregano and Italian seasoning.
Layer half of pasta, half of sausage mixture, half of sauce mixture and half of cheese in casserole dish. Repeat layers.
Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly