So at work last week Nate said that i should try to make Thai food.... so i found this recipe from Vons and it was pretty good, i tweaked it of course with stuff that i had...
- 2 cups uncooked white rice- 4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Chicken Breast or Tenderloins- cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger root
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup dry-roasted peanuts (chopped)
Cook rice in a rice cooker, or however you cook your rice. (if I didn't have a rice cooker i wouldn't know what to do, lol)
In a small bowl, stir together the soy sauce, peanut butter, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
Heat oil in a skillet over high heat. Add chicken, garlic and ginger, and cook, stirring constantly, until chicken is golden on the outside, about 5 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium, and add green onion, chopped peanuts, and the peanut butter mixture. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes, or until broccoli is tender, and chicken is cooked through. If mixture becomes too thick just add a little water. Serve over rice.